Mandarin Plaza Hotel - Cebu City

by - June 07, 2014

                                        

A month ago, I went to Cebu together with my aunt and cousin. We booked online our stay within a day ahead at Mandarin Plaza Hotel with Agoda Booking (click here). For 2 nights, we paid Php3,870 that time for a Superior Room.

Here are some of the photos I took:


If you want room delivery service, they provide guests with menu that you can choose your orders from.

Need some massage? The hotel offers you their own spa. 

I didn't like their television. Majority of the cable channels weren't available. I kept calling to their front desk and they kept saying that they haven't paid their subscription for the month yet. I missed my favorite TV shows.  So we had to online stream from our phones. :(

Who doesn't want free WiFi nowadays? After your check-in, the front desk gives you free internet access card. It is available depending the length of your stay in the hotel. For our case, it's only 3 days. In my opinion, the downside of this, is it's limited only for few gadgets.  I think 3 to 4 laptops or phones maybe. The internet connection is okay but not quite fast enough for me.

They also give you some free breakfast using 1 coupon only for each day of your stay. So, 2 guests will take turns in having free breakfast every morning (6:30AM-10:00AM). If you both want to join the buffet, one can pay with their regular rate of 500pesos. The food is okay, mostly Filipino cuisine like hotdogs, fried chicken, bacons, scrambled eggs and such. 


I'm happy that they're concerned with our Mother Earth. 

Their mini bar offers only water and coffee.

This safe box in our room wasn't working. But, if you insist to use it which we didn't, you can call the front desk and get someone to fix it for you. But for me, bringing your valuables with you is much safer.


The bathroom is clean and with free amenities given no additional costs.


Our room have bathtubs while some doesn't. I think you can ask the front desk during your check-in to have a room that has one. I didn't like the drainage in our bathtub though.

When you need a drink like we did, you can go to their bar or call for room service. They offer you assorted drinks like cocktails, rums, wine etc. Just remember to drink moderately :)

I was eating my summer rolls here (from Lemon Grass), while looking at the sunny view of Waterfront Hotel from our room window. I loved the fact that even if it was scorching hot outside, since it was during summer, the air-condition is functioning well.


Their pool isn't really huge as it is in some pictures we see from the internet. I really didn't swim in it because I had no time. Even if I want to, like some night swimming, the pool is closed as early as 7pm I think. 

Overall, I like this hotel because it's only few steps away from Ayala Mall. What I didn't like is that the construction site near Mandarin Plaza Hotel is really disturbing. You can also hear the pipes clanging through the walls, I'm not sure why it happens but it gives me the creeps especially at night. 😱 What good is it to stay in a hotel if you can't rest properly?

There are still lots of hotels to choose from if you want to be near Ayala Mall. If given the chance someday, I would like to try them all. For now, I'm not really convinced to go back to this hotel.

Feel free to comment below 💋

You May Also Like

0 comments